Directions of Development of Grupa Azoty S.A. in the Plastics Sector
In 2012-2020, the high-tech material sector, especially engineering plastics, remains one of the main lines of business and production for Grupa Azoty S.A.
According to the strategy adopted by Grupa Azoty S.A., polyamides, polyoxymethylene and modified plastics are key elements of the product portfolio in the field of plastics. It was assumed that the production capacity of engineering plastics would increase and diversify in 2012-2020.
The purpose of Grupa Azoty S.A. in the area of plastics is maintaining the position of leading supplier by:
- extending the value chain,
- diversifying the existing market segments,
- enriching the offer with dedicated products processors,
- developing direct cooperation with plastics processors,
- expanding and improving the maintenance service,
- developing the technical advisory service,
- customising the product range to suit current and future market trends,
- creating a single centre for trade and product marketing.
High-tech materials will remain one of the main areas of research for Grupa Azoty S.A. The company has its own research facilities, whose operations focus both on the development of existing products and on research into new products. The key objective of the research and development is to build competitive advantage based on knowledge that, in turn, will help to increase the level of innovation of the product, process and technology portfolio. Having our own research facilities allows us to introduce new kinds of products and tailor our range of commodities to meet the needs of the customers.